Thoughts of food? Nourishment for the little grey cells, Will and
Guy have a gourmet's delight of food information.
Can't eat beef........mad cow.
eat chicken...... bird flu!
eat eggs...... again, bird flu?
eat pork.....fears that bird flu will infect piggies.
See our strange egg tattoo.
eat fish....... mercury in the
waters has poisoned the meat
eat fruits and veggies....... insecticides and herbicides
Hmmmm! I believe that leaves Chocolate!
Take our chocolate test
Here is an even more amazing chocolate car.
More Funny Food For Thought - Bacon Coated Chocolate
We are unsure whether this is a joke or not: fried bacon dipped in
'Joke,' says Guy.
'Yummy,' says Will.
- Apple is made of 25% air, that is why
- Apples, onions, and potatoes all have the same taste? Why not
try the test: Pinch your nose and take a bite out of each.
- Avocado has
the highest protein and oil content of all fruits.
- Cabbage is 91% water.
- Carrots were originally purple in colour, changing in the 17th Century
to orange with newer varieties.
- Celery requires more calories to eat and
digest than it contains.
- Cherries are a member of the rose family.
- Corn always has an even number of ears.
- Corn makes up about 8% of the
weight in a box of corn flakes.
- Eggplants [aubergine] are actually
fruits, and classified botanically as berries.
- Honey is the only edible
food for humans that will never go bad.
- Lemons contain more sugar than
- Orange does not rhyme with any other word.
- Peanuts are
legumes [vegetables] and not a tree nut.
- Peanuts are one of the
ingredients in dynamite.
- Pear is a fruit that ripens from the inside out.
- Strawberries are the only fruit which has its seeds on its outer skin.
- American's eat about 18 billion hot dogs a year.
- Every time you lick a
stamp you gain 1/10 of a calorie.
- It takes around 10 litres of milk to
make 1kg of cheese.
Did you know that during a lifetime the average person eats about 35
tonnes of food.
Tomatoes - Food for Health
A study at Harvard Medical School in 2001 of 124,000 men and women showed
that those who ate the most tomatoes reduced their chances of getting lung
cancer by 25%.
A Golden Delicious apple split perfectly down the middle into red and
green is the talk of the town in Colaton Raleigh, Devon, England.
People have been queuing up to take pictures of the rarity grown by Ken
Morrish. "It's absolutely phenomenal," said the 72-year-old.
Water Lilies is one of Monet's most famous paintings. This
version, by AJ's Moonlight Cakes, is truly delicious and re-creates the
painting in artfully applied icing.
Photo via AJ's Moonlight Cakes
Some Bizarre Eating Records
- 432 [36
dozen]: number of oysters eaten in 10 minutes by Sonya Thomas
number of hot dogs and buns eaten in 12 minutes by Takeru Kobayashi
number of lobsters eaten in 12 minutes by Sonya Thomas
- 8.02: amount in
kilograms [17.7 pounds] of cow brains eaten in 15 minutes by Takeru
- 5.22: amount in kilograms [11.5 pounds] of watermelon eaten in
15 minutes by Richard LeFevre
- 4.99: amount in kilograms [11 pounds] of
cheesecake eaten in 9 minutes by Sonya Thomas
- 2.95: amount in kilograms
[6.5 pounds] of cabbage eaten in 9 minutes by Charles Hardy
Surprise your guests with this knowledge:
- Onions, asparagus, daffodils, yams, hyacinths, garlic, leeks,
tulips, chives and the Joshua tree of California [which can grow to be
40 feet tall] are all types of lily.
- Raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, cherries, plums, apples and
pears are all kinds of rose.
- The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.
- The United Kingdom eats more cans of baked beans than the rest of
the world combined.
- There is more real lemon juice in Lemon Pledge furniture polish than
in Country Time Lemonade.
- Within two hours of standing in daylight, milk loses between half
and two-thirds of its vitamin B content.
- The world's oldest known recipe is for beer.
- There are about 100,000 bacteria in one litre of drinking water.
- The estimated number of M and M's sold each day in the United States
- Apparently Spain has a wider range of foods flavoured with almonds
than any other country in the world.
Please send us your funny food for thought.
If you like this page then please share it with your friends
See more funny food jokes and amusing stories
Funny food stories •
Food for thought •
Funny foody jokes •
Funny Chinese food
Funny food jokes •
Ingliz Menyu •
Cooking jokes •
Food cans •
Chili Taster •
Wine pharmacy •
Couch potato •
Pumpkin Picture •
Cormorant recipe •
Home - Clean jokes